Thursday, July 7, 2011

Gettman, Core, Norton unidentified photos - post 1































These are the first 6 of about 15 photos found in an album owned by my great-grandmother, Agnes Core Gettman (1895-1963). The album likely belonged to her parents, Ed and Louie (Gettman) Core of Columbus Grove, Putnam County, Ohio. It is likely that many of them are of the family of Adam and Agnes (Smith) Gettman, who lived in Putnam County in the last three decades of the 19th century. The majority of the photos were taken at the Ernsberger Photographic Art Shop in Columbus Grove, although a few were by Helser in Columbus Grove or shops in Ottawa, Ohio. It is likely that several of these photos of ladies were of daughters of Adam Gettman, namely Mary (Gettman) Kidd Kissell; Elizabeth (Gettman) Pop; Margaret (Gettman) Cherry, and Clara (Gettman) Emans. Louie (Gettman) Core was the youngest daughter of the family and had a similar photograph taken about 1890. Some may also relate to the John and Viletta (Norton) Core family or the family of John and Elizabeth (McDole) Norton, also of Pleasant Township, Putnam County, Ohio.














2 comments:

  1. Adam Gettman was my great-great grandfather. My great-grandfather was William Gettman (Louie's brother, I believe). William married Emma Marks, from whom my grandfather, Charles, issued. I do have an 8 page geneology and historical record that I stumbled across just a matter of weeks ago and would happily scan it and forward a copy to you if you like. Alas it doesn't seem to include much with regard to Louie's subsequent family line. Though the photographs here all look vaguely familiar to me (obvious family resemblance to my mother -- Agnes May Gettman), I'm afraid I can't specifically name any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Julie. Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Would love to see the report you reference if you can send it. It seems that those who could have identified the photos are probably gone now, so we'll have to live with that uncertainty.

    ReplyDelete